Monday, January 10, 2011

My "must have" apps

These are apps that I couldn't live without.  Let me know if you need more information on any of them.

GOOGLE  MOBILE APP – This app links to Google’s applications so you can easily navigate to them.  It is available on for the IPad, Iphone, and Ipod Touch.  I use the calendar feature to keep my schedule updated.  I use it to keep my Google Docs easily accessible.  Iif you aren’t familiar with Google Docs, then you are missing out.
DROPBOX – This app allows you to sync your files across multiple computers and devices.  It is available on IPad, IPhone, IPod Touch and on the Android market.  I use it to store my presentations or anything that I need easy access to.
FLIPBOARD – This is by far the coolest app I’ve stumbled across.  It is for the Ipad only.  If you are someone who has Facebook and/or Twitter accounts and likes staying up on blogs and news then this is the easiest format to read everything.  It takes your selected information and puts it into magazine format for you to read.  Very cool!
abcNotes (free) – This app allows you to create sticky note reminders and store them on your device.  It is available on the IPad, IPhone, and IPod Touch.  Once you create the notes you can then email them.  I’ve used the sticky notes when organizing information for a presentation.  I then email myself the notes and copy and paste them as organized into my presentation.
TWEETDECK – This app is really for those Twitter and/or Facebook freaks out there.  Tweetdeck is available on IPad, IPhone, IPod Touch and on the Android market.  It allows the user to organize their Twitter feeds into columns for easier reading.  You can also add your Facebook account as a column.  I separate my columns into “Education”, “Sports”, “Education Organizations” and “Miscellaneous”.  This way I’m assured that I don’t miss any tweets that come through.  I also have a column with the search term “#edchat”.  This column provides me with any tweet that has “#edchat” in it.

Twitter