Monday, February 7, 2011

Reflections on the E-Tech Conference


Last week, I attend the 2011 Ohio Educational Technology Conference hence no blog entry.  This was my first trip to the annual conference and I was quite impressed.  Not only were there a multitude of sessions but the number of conference participants was staggering.  It was great to see so many people from the education world learning how to improve and use technology in their interactions with students.  My favorite sessions of the three day conference addressed the use of Twitter and Skype in the classroom.  I’ve previously blogged about my experience with Skype so I’ll focus my comments for this blog on Twitter.  I enjoyed how one presenter showed how she used Twitter to connect with professionals in the science industry and eventually bring them into her classroom virtually and in person.  Two other presenters showed how they have built their individual professional learning network through the use of Twitter.  They shared a wonderful wiki that lists educators using Twitter to connect with other educators.  At http://tinyurl.com/2dhguuh you can search by subject area of teachers as well as topics such as RtI.  If you are new to Twitter or haven’t created an account, it is worth your time to get started.  Twitter has opened up an immense amount of resources that I have at my fingertips daily as well as the most current information about anything I choose to follow.  It is a resource that no educator should be without.  If you need assistance in setting up and/or using your Twitter account, please contact me.

Twitter